Friday, January 26, 2018

Isn’t It Saint Anthony?

Tonight I was at work when an elderly woman approached the desk visibly devastated and said she had lost her hearing aide and no one had time to help her look for it. I went to her room and searched for nearly an hour, her roommate encouraging me the entire time. I got on my hands and knees searching the floor, under furniture, nothing. I felt horrible as I sat at her side and explained I couldn’t find it. She was just devastated, crying openly. I said to her roommate, who do we ask to help when we can’t find something? Isn’t it Saint Anthony? She said I don’t know, but I think maybe so. So I immediately asked St Anthony to help us find my patients hearing aide. I reassured my patient that help was in the way and stood up to leave the room. I looked down as I was leaving and the hearing aide was directly in front of me on the floor! Both the lady and her roommate were overjoyed, and the three of us immediately thanked St. Anthony for his aide. I’d like to say it again. Thank you SO much Saint Anthony!!!

Thank you so much V.F. for your wonderful story of St. Anthony's assistance. Have a story of your own to share on the blog? Email it to us and we will post it for others to read and be inspired by~