Sunday, July 16, 2017

He Is Always Listening

Yesterday, St. Anthony helped me find my lost passport and I promised myself that I would find a website where I could testify to how often St. Anthony has helped me find lost objects. How strange to find another recent story of a lost passport!
I had literally turned my office upside down looking for my mislaid passport, even to the point of having my son move heavy furniture away from the wall. I was frustrated and embarrassed because I rarely forget where I put things. Then I remembered St. Anthony and I sincerely prayed for help. A few minutes later, I looked in the same area I had searched before and with a sense of awe, saw my passport.
I have lots of examples of this. I misplaced my glasses in our “attic” storeroom year ago, and you can imagine how hard it is to find something lost in a room like that. I prayed to St. Anthony and went to the storeroom and immediately “knew” that my glasses had fallen out of sight behind a bookcase. I even have terribly trivial examples. My dog had lost his favorite ball. It’s silly but you’d think a dog could find it by scent. I prayed to St. Anthony and felt as if someone was moving my eyeballs to exactly the spot where the ball was hiding.
I know that God answers prayers, but sometimes I feel silly asking God for little things. And why this prayer in particular seems to work so infallibly and quickly is hard for me to understand. But I cannot deny that my little prayers to the Saint have been answered. And it has helped my faith in God, to know that He is always listening.
I believe our prayers to St. Anthony are blessed because God is the God of sparrows and tiny things and those kinds of prayers are truly humble prayers.

Thank you J.B. for your faith filled stories and insights. Have an insight or story to share about St. Anthony's help in your life? Email it to us and we will share it on the blog~