Thursday, August 18, 2016

Don't Thank Me, Thank St. Anthony

Today my daughter-in law messaged to say she could not find my son's passport. She had been searching every nook and cranny and had practically turned the whole house upside down for about 4 hours. I told her to hold on while I googled the Patron Saint of lost items. I found it and read through what I had to do. I told her what she had to do and I said "you must believe". I also kept saying it from where I was but I kept feeling that I should go over. Although it was 2am, I went over to help her look because I knew that just saying the prayer from where I was would not work. So as soon as I got there I told her that I will help look. The minute I started looking I kept saying "Good St. Anthony look around, something's lost and can't be found" over and over again, as the prayer said I had to do while looking. In less than 30 minutes I found the passport in a place that she had looked before. She looked at me wide eyed. I said to her, "I told you that you have to believe." She hugged me and thanked me. I said don't thank me, thank St. Anthony. And she smiled and said she would. I wondered why God had chosen me to receive His mercy, and then I realized that He wanted to remind me that just because He can be everywhere, He still wants His Saints to chip in. So thank you thank you thank you St. Anthony for today's miracle. Now my son can make his trip and spread your word.

Thank you so much D.F. for your faith-filled story of St. Anthony's assistance. Have a story of your own to share? Email us and we will post it on our blog~