Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I Was Astonished

I WAS ASTONISHED!!! Short story...last night I did my usual procedure - brushed and flossed, then proceeded to take off my earrings. One of the earrings in my right ear got tangled in my hair. In an effort to quickly get it untangled, it dislodged then bounced off the night table and vanished! Obviously, the search began, lasting one full hour, but the earring refused to show itself. I consoled myself with the fact that I probably would find it in the daylight. I woke up, did my usual things, and proceeded to put on different earrings. I then began a thorough fine-tooth-comb search that lasted about an hour again. The earring just hid even deeper from my view.
A few hours later, I walked into the bedroom and thought of my Mother, who whenever something was lost always said a prayer to St. Anthony and thus the lost object was found. I would say to her, 'just coincidence.' My Mother was very religious person. I am not. And so, after two hours of a really complete search, my Mom and St. Anthony popped into my head. My cats all lined up in a row behind me, staring at me as if they were thinking, "who are you talking to?" as I said out loud, "St. Anthony, I am really sorry to bother you but I lost my earring. I tried everything, so can you please help me find it?" Honestly, not even a full 60 seconds elapsed before I walked toward the same place where I had searched at least 20 times....looked down on the floor again, and there was my earring. I am truly amazed! That had been the first spot I looked last night and today, on the right side of my make-up table.
Yours truly,
J.L.

Thank you J.L. for your story - may you continue to be astonished through the intersession of Good St. Anthony. Have an astonishing story of your own to share? Email it to us and we will post it on our blog.