Tuesday, September 2, 2014

You Have To Know Someone To Get A Job

I had been praying for a long time for employment. One day it occurred to me that Saint Anthony had been so faithful in his intercession for finding lost articles over the years for my family. Even though my kids didn't really want to admit it, it worked. When they would be frustrated with a lost article, they would come to me and say, "Who's that guy you pray to? I can't find my keys anywhere." And St. Anthony would come through.
I had been at home over the last few years, with care-taking responsibilities for my parents. I was frustrated with the job search. Usually in the past I would have one or two job interviews, and then have a job offer. I was saying the Novena to St. Anthony and applying to jobs, but then I decided to take the month of July off from looking for a job. All of a sudden I received a phone call from a resume I sent out two months ago, it was a financial position at a church. I interviewed with a few people and then got a job offer!
Some people would say to me, you have to know someone to get a job. Yes, I do believe, "The prayer of a righteous person is very effective" - thank you St. Anthony for your intercession! I am now praying for a couple of other people!

Thank you blog reader D. for sending in your story, helping us to see how St. Anthony is a good someone to know in helping find a job. Have a St. Anthony story of your own to share? Email it to us and we will post it on our blog~