Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Face Of St. Anthony


Several months ago I stumbled across your blog "St. Anthony - lost and found" and it was with great interest that I read quite a number of stories about how St. Anthony was of great help to many people in truly difficult situations. In my family this great saint has always played a major role among the saints we usually implore for help and intercession. Being rather chaotic in terms of housekeeping I've come to give St. Anthony something like a constant employment with me and there is not a single day that goes without my getting frantic about some odd thing that has gone missing and consequently, my instant plead for help. And he has never, n e v e r let me down to this day. It wasn't until recently, however, that I discovered that more scholarly side of him and was again greatly impressed. (I'm even considering a tidier lifestyle, so that I won't pester him any further with my rather unnecessary cries for assistance ... ) In fact, he has become a dear friend to whom I turn in all matters of faith.
I love your website and I've copied some of the prayers there into my own private prayer-book.
For some time now, I've been searching the internet for a collection of early pictures of him and yesterday I found out that the University of Padua has undertaken the task of reconstructing his face from the remains of his scull. The results were published and the reconstructed head shown to the public on June 10th. of this very year. I didn't know whether you've heard about it at all, so I decided to send you some photographs taken from Italian films. I do hope you enjoy the news (and the photos, of course) - I did.
Many kind regards from Germany. Yours, A.T.R.

Thank you A.T.R. for your kind words and for the pictures you sent that we used for this post. I had been thinking that it was time to do the story on the reconstruction of St. Anthony's face just today - what a coinciGod~

Click here
for a wonderful new story about the Face of St. Anthony.