Thursday, June 12, 2014

Could She Ask Her Friend St. Anthony?

My son mysteriously lost his IDs and about $270 in cash while studying in Germany. He was on his way back from getting cash at the bank, no one was near him, and other items were still in his pocket when he returned, but his little case with the cards and money and bus pass were gone. I canceled his debit card and wired him some money, as his school group was leaving soon for a 5-day trip to Austria. It was the weekend, so he'd have to wait until Tuesday to procure an international student ID and pick up the money before leaving Wednesday afternoon.
His sister, who was away doing research in Hawaii, had chosen St. Anthony as her Confirmation saint years ago. She phoned me Monday evening, and I told her that her brother had lost these important items, and could she ask her friend St. Anthony to pray that they might be miraculously found? She assured me she would, and hung up. Wednesday morning I received a message from my son: "The police found my wallet, I'm on my way to pick it up." Everything, including all of the cash, was still in it! Praise be to God and thanks to St. Anthony who so quickly came to the aid of his little friend when she asked!

Thank you K.M.V.for this beautiful story of trust in St. Anthony's assistance~ Have a story of St. Anthony's help of your own to share? Email it to us and we will post in on our blog.