Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I Decided To Invoke Saint Anthony's Help

My son just got accepted to a great school at the last second and needed to find his birth certificate, but I am very disorganized. I hadn't the faintest clue where it was and scoured in our filing cabinets to no avail. I dumped out a few drawers and started to feel overwhelmed and desperate, as well as shameful and guilty for letting my failings to keep an orderly household affect my children and family. So I decided to invoke Saint Anthony's help to find it. I promised to do a better job of keeping an organized filing system, and as I invoked his help I remember my husband saying that the last time he saw it the birth certificate was in a pink plastic folder - so that is what I was looking for, but still doubtful it even existed. As I pulled out the last few remaining folders of papers, I grabbed a large package folder, pulled out the documents, flipped through them and found my son's birth certificate. I stopped and shed a few tears because my prayers were answers. I next found your site with a thanksgiving prayer to Saint Anthony, which I prayed then sent you this email.
Thanks be to God and all His blessings.
Sincerely, Y.T. - A mother trying to live her vocation of wife and mother

Thank you Y.T. for your heartfelt story of St. Anthony's help, may God continue to bless you as you live out this most important vocation. Have a St. Anthony story of your own to share? Email it to us and we will post it on our blog~