Tuesday, January 10, 2012

St. Anthony's Email Bag - St. Anthony, A Long Time Friend

St. Anthony and I go back a very long time. About 60 years or so. About 5 or 6 years ago, I began to wander away, thinking about him less and less.

Recently, I realized that I had been very neglectful of St. Anthony. I used to do Tuesday novenas, with Tuesday masses when I could fit it in my schedule. Past few years, nothing. I really wanted to get back to where I had been with St. Anthony but felt badly about how I had ignored him. I was on my way to do a little shopping where I pick up antiques and collectibles which I sell. My thoughts went towards him, and I said, St. Anthony if things are okay between you and I, and you welcome me back, please help me find something to sell today.

Good old, St. Anthony. He always hears and always answers ( have many amazing stories, but that is for another time). There on the shelf, 6 big soup bowls, cups, and saucers. All perfect, nice shine, no wear or chips. Wow, score! And, the price was unbelievably inexpensive. As I was riding home, I had an even bigger smile! The maker of this pattern of dishes? Franciscan!!

Thank you M.S. for this great story. Have your own testimony to share about St. Anthony and answered prayer? Email us to have it posted on our blog~