Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Prayer to St. Anthony In Time of Sickness

St. Anthony, physician of soul and body, consolation of the sick who ask your prayers, turn your compassionate eyes upon me, your foster child, who afflicted with painful infirmities, sends up sighs and prayers for relief from these sufferings, and for comfort for all in sickness. O great friend of God through your rich merits and your powerful mediation with Him, the sick are not only made sound and whole, but many are saved from death. Therefore, I earnestly beg you to have mercy upon me, and bear my sighs and petitions to the throne of God, that He may free me from my infirmities. O compassionate Jesus, Man of Sorrows, Who did deign to endure our weakness and sufferings, hear me, and have mercy on my weakness. Heal my soul, for I have sinned before You; heal my body also, that, restored to health through the merits of St. Anthony, I may give thanks to You. Amen.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be...