Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Just In Time

I have a nervous habit of sliding my wedding rings up and down on my finger. I was watching a television program that was very intense. After a particularly stressful scene I noticed my rings were missing. My husband and I searched the area for a couple of hours, taking the sofa apart, crawling on our hands and knees, shining a flashlight in every corner, pulling up the area rug...we looked everywhere! I was distraught! My husband said we should go to bed since it was almost midnight and we could look again in the morning. As I was drifting off to sleep I asked St. Anthony to find my rings for me. When I awoke I started looking again. For some reason a fragment of a dream came to my mind - a tissue in my hand. I wondered if I had been holding a tissue when I lost my rings. I went and looked in the garbage. I pulled out a tissue and my rings were there! My husband said he too dreamed of a tissue! Thank you, St. Anthony! Just in time because the garbage service was due to run in a couple of hours!