Friday, July 29, 2011

A Cross Found

I had a Franciscan cross that I hadn't seen in several years. I knew it was in a jewelry box at my mother's home. After watching a tape of Bishop Fulton Sheen, who was wearing a Franciscan cross, I began to ardently want to find and wear it again. I had looked for the jewelry box during several recent visits to my mother's house, to no avail. The night before I was to go over for another look, I asked St. Anthony to help me find the cross. When I arrived at her house, I began looking in my bedroom (where I had looked many times before). I got an idea to get a flashlight to help me look. I went into my study, when I was drawn to an old bookcase. I noticed that there were some papers in the front of a lower shelf. And I felt moved to move them aside; reaching blindly into the dark recesses of the shelf, I put my hand on the missing jewelry box and retrieved the St. Francis Cross. I am wearing my cross as I write this testimony. I thanked St. Anthony and Jesus profusely that I had found my little cross. This experience has helped me to see just how much St. Anthony has been in the background of my life, helping me all along. I am now thankful for his presence in my life, and have renewed my devotion to one of my favorite saints.

Have a Saint Anthony lost & found story of your own to share with our readers? Email it to us and we will post it on the blog~